BlueJacking is one of the mostly harmless activity can happen with any multimedia cell phone. Though it is an unintended and illegal use of a technical feature, mostly hard-core geeks do not find sufficient technical challenge in the activity. For the more serious hacker and crackers looking to explore the security features of their Handset. BlueTooth hacking tools (BlueJacking Tools) should be used in a legal and in ethical way. Remember one thing real people own these devices, and rely on them for everyday tasks, so please remember to “Do Not Harm”.
Now, What Is Exactly Bluejacking ??
BlueTooth Hijacking or BlueJacking is a technique which used to sending unsolicited messages over Bluetooth to Bluetooth enabled devices such as mobile phones, PDAs or laptops, computers, sending a vCard which typically contains a message in the name field to another Bluetooth enabled device via the OBEX protocol.
As I already said, Bluejacking is usually harmless, however because BlueJacked people generally don’t know what has happened, they may think that their phone is malfunctioning. A BlueJacker will only send a text message, but in these days with modern phones it is possible to send sounds, clips and images as well. Bluejacking has been used in marketing campaigns to promote advergames and products.
In nowadays, With the increase in the availability of Bluetooth enabled devices (Phone, PDA etc etc), it is often reported that these devices have become vulnerable to virus, Trojan, malware attacks and even complete take over of devices through a trojan horse program although most of these reports are easily debunked. Bluejacking is also confused with Bluesnarfing which is the way in which mobile phones are illegally hacked via Bluetooth.
Tools For Bluejacking
There are many tools that have been developed for BlueJacking, most of the development happened in the 2008 to 2012, where multiple new bluetooth vulnerabilities were discovered. There are not any specific or official tool but are there many tools to assist someone in bluejacking, only a few hidden tools are available for the more sinister “BlueSnarfing” or “BlueBugging”. Most commonly used bluetooth software are “Bloover” and “Easyjack”
BlueJacking is very useful for hackers on that device which do not require authentication and in these days almost (99%) handsets are required authentication before making any connection to another Bluetooth enable handset.
Well after all if you how we can attack with BlueJack, we should also know how we can prevent from BlueJack and what are the countermeasures against BlueJacking. So I am going to give some Countermeasures:-
1. To Prevent BlueJacking, make sure that your device’s bluetooth is turn off in certain public areas like shopping centers, movie theaters, coffee houses, bars, university and electronic stores.
2. Set your Bluetooth device to invisible or hidden mode from the main menu. This will prevents the sender from seeing your device.
3. Turning your Bluetooth invisible remains a good option when you normally don’t connect with other devices. Enable visibility only when you need to pair your device with another.
4. Ignore BlueJacking messages by refusing or deleting them. Consider BlueJacking the same way you think about spam.
5. Attackers or Hacker begin BlueJacking by placing a message in the name field of their phone like, “Special Offer” or “wow!! you won this prize, enter 123 to unlock” Next, they look for enabled devices in the area and select the one they want to BlueJack. They usually send these messages via Bluetooth.